PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service)
As a patient, relative or carer, you may need to turn to someone for advice about the care and treatment provided to you. This is where PALS comes in.
- To provide, information, support and guidance to all patients, carers and their families, through the health service.
- To help empower the patient, by giving them an understanding of the health service.
- To ensure that the service is accessible to all whilst remaining confidential.
- Assist with translation services
- To listen and care, not to be judgemental in any way.
- Ensuring issues and concerns are welcomed.
- And as a result bring about change and in that change to improve the service for all.
- Encourage all staff to share and spread this philosophy.
- Listen to your concerns, suggestions or queries.
- Help sort out problems quickly on your behalf.
We act independently when handling patient and family concerns, liaising with staff, managers and, where appropriate, relevant organizations, to negotiate immediate or prompt solutions. If necessary, we can also refer patients and families to specific local or national-based support agencies.
Bedford & Luton
PALS, Charter House, Alma Street, Luton, Bedfordshire LU1 2PJ
FREEPHONE 0800 013 1223
Monday to Friday 9am-5pm, Answerphone at all other times.
South Essex & West Essex
PALS, The Lodge, The Chase,Wickford, Essex SS11 7XX
FREEPHONE 0800 085 7935
Monday to Friday 9am-5pm, Answerphone at all other times